- Now available in four distinctive colours
- Full 16:9 Widescreen display
- Up to 5 hours battery life – perfect for travel
Weybridge, 10th March 2008 - The DVP-FX720 Portable DVD Player is the perfect companion for long journeys or just lazy days in the garden. With the staying power of up to 5 hours battery life and a vibrant 7-inch LCD display offering true 16:9 widescreen for great-looking movies, the DVP-FX720 lets you take your entertainment with you wherever and whenever you want it.
The Player is now available in a choice of eye-catching finishes including White, Blazing Red, Indigo Blue and Glamour Pink so that there’s one for everybody in the family.
“For families it’s a great way to eliminate those back-seat arguments about who gets to watch what,” says Ayhan Akyez, Product Manager for Portable DVD Player products. “Nor need there be any debate about what the kids watch on the main TV versus what their parents would like – they can take their Portable DVD Players to another room and everybody’s happy. And the choice of colours for the DVP-FX720 means there’s something to suit every taste.”
The widescreen display and powerful system engine make the DVP-FX720 an outstanding choice for watching DVD movies, but it’s just as good for listening to audio CDs and MP3 music files, or viewing photos stored on CD. The Player comes complete with a USB connector so you can plug in a camera or a USB stick to look at your favourite photos or listen to a new set of music downloads.
Another much-appreciated feature is the supplied in-car charger, which means that the fun need not stop even on the longest trips. A handy remote control completes the package, ensuring easy and convenient operation at all times.
DVP-FX720 Portable DVD Player – key features:
- Stylish Glossy Design with a choice of Glamour Pink, Blazing Red, Indigo Blue and White Finish
- 7 inch 16:9 Widescreen TFT LCD Display
- USB Port for JPEG/MP3 playback
- 5 hour Rechargeable Battery
- Playback Audio CD and CD-R/RW with Audio, MP3 and JPEG files
- Playback DVD-R/-RW/-R DL/+R/+RW and CD-R/-RW with DivX
- Playback DVD-R/-RW (Video Mode and VR Mode), DVD-R Dual Layer (Video Mode), DVD+R/+RW and DVD+R Dual Layer
- 12 bit/108 MHz Video and 96 kHz/24 bit Audio, D/A Converter
- Twin Headphone Jack with Volume Control
- Powerful Embedded Speaker
- Remote Control and Car Adaptor Included
Sony is engaged in a constant review of its manufacturing, operational and business practices to ensure that its products are developed in an environmentally responsible way. This approach can broadly be divided into three areas:
PRODUCT: Halogenated materials may pose a risk to the environment if disposed of improperly. To minimize this risk for the DVP-FX720 portable DVD Player, the flame retardants of all cover/housing parts and the printed circuit boards are halogen-free.
PROCESS: The packaging cushions used to protect the portable DVD Player during transport are made from corrugated cardboard, which is easily recyclable.
PLANET: Sony is determined to lead the way as a responsible manufacturer, and as a result we are focussing on three key areas of investment:
- Reducing CO2 gas emissions
- Increasing the percentage of renewable energy used in manufacturing facilities
- Minimising the resources used by our factories in manufacturing