Sony today announced the all new Xperia™ 1 flagship smartphone is now available to pre-order from major UK networks and retailers online and in store, bringing the cinema screen to the palm of your hand.
Customers purchasing the new Xperia 1 can immerse themselves in the world of Sony with a range of network deals including a Marvel’s Spider-Man PlayStation 4 bundle, premium Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones and six months subscription to Rakuten TV.
Redefine your smartphone experience with the latest Xperia 1 bringing Sony’s proven professional display and cinematography technologies packed into a beautiful, sleek smartphone powerhouse. Enjoy movies in their original format in the palm of your hand with a 21:9 CinemaWide™ 6.5” 4K HDR OLED display, boasting accurate colour reproduction that films are created in. The unparalleled display is powered by Sony’s award-winning BRAVIA® TV technologies.
The X1™ for mobile engine brings HDR (High Dynamic Range) remastering technologies ensuring everything you watch, including streamed content, can be enjoyed with more contrast, colour and clarity. This ultimate viewing experience is further enriched by Dolby Atmos that transports you into the story with moving audio that flows above and around you with breath-taking realism.
Experience pro-level quality in every photo with an advanced triple lens camera (12MP) for any situation and light conditions: 16mm for wide landscapes, a versatile 26mm lens and a 52mm lens telephoto shooting (35mm equiv.).
Technologies from Sony’s acclaimed α (“Alpha”) interchangeable lens camera are inherited in Xperia 1 as BIONZ X™ for mobile. The algorithm enables the world’s first Eye AF (Auto Focus) in a smartphone to bring the sharp focus exactly to the level of eyes and also delivers continuous burst shooting with up to 10 fps AF/AE tracking (Auto Focus and Auto Exposure) to give you precision focus and optimal exposure.
The UK’s major mobile networks are offering the Xperia 1 with a range of deals to further enhance the phone’s already superior entertainment capabilities:
- Vodafone is offering a jam packed entertainment bundle deal, those who purchase the Cool Grey Xperia 1 (colour Exclusive to Vodafone) will receive a PlayStation 4 and Marvel’s Spider-Man game for £54 per month, plus £49 upfront with 15gb of data
- Carphone Warehouse customers who purchase the Xperia 1 will also receive noise cancelling Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones (worth £329)*.
*purchase between 15th and 29th May 2019
- O2 is offering the Xperia 1 with premium Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones (worth £329)*. Purchases between 30th of May and 30th June will be able to rental one film a week for six months from Rakuten TV (worth £4.50 per rental), as well as a chance to win one of 50 Wena by Sony Smart Band and Watch Face. The Hero tariff on O2 will be £36.97 a month with £30 upfront for 5GB
*Purchase between 16th and 29th May
- Sky Mobile customers who buy the Xperia 1 will also get the premium Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones in black (worth £320). Sky will offer the Xperia 1 for £37 a month with a 2GB Data tariff.
*purchase between 15th and 29th May
- EE: Hero tariff deal will be available for £54 per month + £30 up front for 10gb of data
Key features of the Xperia 1 include:
- World’s first 4K OLED smartphone with 21:9 CinemaWide™ display (6.5”) and HDR remastering technologies
- World’s first Eye AF in a smartphone with triple lens camera and up to 10 fps burst shooting with AF/AE tracking for precision focus and exposure
- Enhanced display setting Creator mode (ITU-R BT.2020 support and 10bit tonal gradation) and new cinema recording function Cinema Pro “Powered by CineAlta” to reflect the creator’s intent
- Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional Dolby Atmos® sound for an authentic theatrical experience tuned in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Enjoy a new style of productivity with two apps simultaneously on one display with 21:9 multi-window
Full specifications for the Xperia 1 can be found here: https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-1/
- ENDS –
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
For more information, images and videos please visit: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/category/press-releases
Sony Mobile Communications, Global Communications & PR department
About Sony Mobile Communications
Sony Mobile Communications is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation, a leading global innovator of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Through its Xperia™ smartphone and tablet portfolio, as well as innovative smart products, Sony Mobile Communications delivers the best of Sony technology, premium content and services, and easy connectivity to Sony’s world of networked entertainment experiences. For more information: www.sonymobile.com
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market. 3) Icons displayed are for illustrative purposes only. The home screen may appear different in your product. Some features may not be available in your country or area.
“SONY” is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation. “Xperia” is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/legal/trademarks-and-copyright
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.
Qualcomm Snapdragon is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, imaging, game, communications, key device and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, interactive entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world.Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $77 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018.Sony Global Web Site: http://www.sony.net/