Sony has announced its new XH90 4K HDR Full Array TV series will be on sale in Europe by the end of May. The XH90 mid-range TV offers a compelling mix of Sony’s signature picture quality, ingenious sound design and ease of use, and presents itself as a great companion piece to the forthcoming next generation consoles.
The XH90 TVs incorporate Sony’s premium Full-Array Local Dimming and Boosting technology, which dynamically changes the light levels in sections of the screen depending on the content, resulting in a dramatic increase in contrast and brightness. By accurately balancing the light output across the screen, darker scenes get darker and brighter scenes get brighter as the creator intended.
In the sound department, the XH90 series TVs come equipped with Acoustic Multi-Audio™ (in 65” models and above), which includes two sound positioning tweeters at the back of the TV that enable sound to follow the action on the screen for a truly immersive experience. Additionally, designed to complement the sound quality and slimness of the TV with its unique new shape, Sony’s X-Balanced Speaker drives movies and music with clear sound.
For the upcoming next generation gaming consoles, the XH90 series TVs will support 4K 120fps high frame rate and fast response time via HDMI inputs to deliver their maximum performance for a cutting-edge gaming experience.
The new XH90 TVs continue to deliver the creator’s intent with Netflix Calibrated Mode. This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator's vision and intent is faithfully preserved.
The XH90 line-up features Android TV™ with the Google Assistant, Google Play Store and Chromecast built-in, which offers users easy access to content, services and devices via its extensive platform. Sony’s original user interface menus and voice controls are also enhanced for better daily use. With the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices, you may cast and control videos from YouTube with Google Home or change the channel or volume with Amazon Alexa enabled devices. Apple® AirPlay® 2 users can stream movies, music, games and photos to their television right from their iPhone®, iPad® or Mac®. The Apple HomeKit™ technology provides an easy, secure way for users to control their television from their iPhone®, iPad® or Mac®.
Pricing and availability
The XH90 4K HDR Full Array TVs will be on sale in Europe by the end of May.
|Screen size||UK pricing||IE pricing|
Sony XH90 4K HDR Full Array LED TV: Key features
Screen sizes: 85”, 75”, 65” and 55”
- 4K HDR Processor X1™ reproduces more depth, textures and natural colours with Object-based HDR remaster technology
- Features full-array local dimming backlight with X-tended Dynamic Range™
- Offers Acoustic Multi-Audio with X-Balanced Speaker (65” model and above only; X-Balanced Speaker will be utilised in all inch sizes)
- TRILUMINOS™ Display reproduces the subtle nuances of colour, light and gradation from video lens to living room
- Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Atmos™ compatible
- Diamond cut bezel for slim design
- Works with Smart Speakers, including Google Home and Amazon Alexa enabled devices
- Easy connectivity to most devices, including Apple® AirPlay® 2, HomeKit™
- Quick access to an array of content and services with Android TV
- 4K 120fps compatible (via a future software update) – ready for next generation consoles
- Netflix Calibrated Mode ensures cinematic fidelity for the viewing experience on Netflix. Developed by Sony picture quality engineers in collaboration with Netflix colour scientists, Netflix Calibrated Mode delivers picture quality approaching that of a master monitor used for standard reference in motion picture production studios
- Custom Mode, along with Sony's other calibrated viewing modes, provides various viewing options to suit customers’ tastes while faithfully preserving the creator’s intent
– ENDS –
 Feature availability depends on country and availability of compatible products.
 Google Home device (sold separately) compatible with Sony Android TV devices. Requires compatible devices connected to the same wireless home network. Download the Google Home app from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. Subject to third party app terms and conditions. User must link compatible devices in order to control operation. Once download is complete, the Google Home feature may be connected to the Sony device to access the voice control function.
 Amazon Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) compatible with Sony Android TV devices. Amazon account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.Sony TV and Alexa devices both require internet connection. Amazon, Echo, Alexa, and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
 Apple® AirPlay® 2 and HomeKit™ features will be available on FY18 models: ZF9, AF9, . FY19 models:ZG9, AG9, XG95 and XG85and FY20 models ZH8, A9, A8, XH95, XH90, XH85, XH81 and XH80. AirPlay 2 and HomeKit features require an iOS device running iOS 12.3 or later or a Mac running macOS 10.14.5. Apple, AirPlay, HomeKit, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Firmware update is required via network.
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services - Sony's purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/