- Pairing lounge looks with the Sony ZF9 Dolby Atmos® soundbar
The living room is often both the cosy, central entertainment space for families and the stylish showcase of the home for guests. So, integrating a home theatre set can be a challenge when balancing style and cutting-edge home cinema technology.
To announce the arrival of its new HT-ZF9 soundbar with Dolby Atmos®, Sony has partnered with interiors stylist Selina Lake to provide useful tips on how to mix technology more seamlessly in to the home.
Selina Lake, Interior & Lifestyle Stylist & Art Director in London and author of best-selling interior and styling books, including Botanical Style said:
“The styling you see in magazines and online often lacks a key thing: technology, and in particular the TV and home theatre system. Historically technology wasn’t designed with style in mind, so when styling we’ve preferred to remove it from the room. This has meant that many people don’t know how to style the tech in their rooms – and you often see them positioned awkwardly in corners or perched above fireplaces. With technology now becoming increasingly sleek and attractive, it’s time to address this and help people learn how to incorporate these much-needed items in the room in a way that elevates both it and the entire layout.
I’ve worked with Sony to create some smart tips that transform your living room into a beautiful yet tech-advanced space. The Sony ZF9 soundbar can be incorporated not only to immerse you into whatever film or box-set you’re watching, but to benefit the style and theme of your room.”
Selina has created ten tips to help movie lovers create a stylish living room that will be perfect for any occasion:
- 1.Introduce houseplants and single cut stems (like fern leaves) next to your Sony ZF9 soundbar to soften the look, making sure not to obstruct the viewing
- 2.Put houseplants and foliage in a mix of containers to fit the eclectic tech-friendly style, such as galvanised metal, glass bottle vases, concrete planters and basket holders
- 3.Mix textures throughout to complement and juxtapose the sleek feel of your home cinema hardware. Use rattan and woven straw baskets as plant holders or to store extra throws and organic elements like coasters made from bamboo
- 4.For ultimate viewing pleasure you need comfort not just style when it comes to seating. Cover sofas in soft natural linen and add extra cushions and throws for cosy nights
- 5.Rooms look more interesting if armchairs don’t match the sofa. Stick to Scandinavian Mid-Century retro style armchairs for a design statement, made from leather, bamboo or wood to complement your multi-textured room. Ensuring armchairs are easy to move means you can re-set your space for different size groups and styles of entertaining
- 6.Layer mix-and-match styles of rugs on wooden floors and oversized cushions if you have more friends than seats, creating a cosy, welcoming feel
- 7.Coffee tables and side tables are also essential to place drinks and film snacks. Continue the theme with natural wood tables again look out for retro mid-century pieces or something modern and simple
- 8.On the tables, display small houseplants or vases filled with foliage plus baskets of popcorn, wooden dishes for nuts and savoury snacks and recycled glass tumblers for refreshments
- 9.When it comes to displaying the TV and Sony ZF9 soundbar itself, pick a solid and well-made unit. Ensure it’s big enough for your system and to dress the space around it, thus blending with your stylish room
- 10. Your TV and soundbar display could even be a sideboard, bench or low table. Retro walnut sideboards with hair pin legs are perfect for this retro/modern mix look
Sony has recently launched the premium HT-ZF9 soundbar with Dolby Atmos to bring a new level of inspirational cinematic audio to your home, creating virtual surround sound that seems to come from all around you. The sleek and minimalist design of the soundbar blends seamlessly into your living space – making it perfect for those wanting to create a stylish yet impactful cinema setting at home. What’s more, you can go cable-free, connecting your soundbar to your TV via Bluetooth® technology to cut out the clutter.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on all Sony press materials, please see the Press Centre: http://presscentre.sony.co.uk
 BRAVIA® supporting Bluetooth® A2DP(Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, imaging, game, communications, key device and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, interactive entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world.Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $77 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. Sony Global Web Site: http://www.sony.net/
About the Sony ZF9 soundbar
The HT-ZF9 is the world’s first 3.1ch Dolby Atmos soundbar, that produces virtual, three-dimensional room-filling surround sound from a 3-speaker soundbar and subwoofer.
- The premium soundbar offers Dolby Atmos the latest cinema audio format
- Features new Vertical Surround Engine to offer virtual three-dimensional surround sound without the need for ceiling or up-firing speakers
- Ideal for clean minimalist interiors, the soundbar design blends seamlessly into living spaces
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled so users can benefit from the advantages of Chromecast and Google Assistant
About Selina Lake
Selina Lake is a freelance interior stylist and author, specialising in lookbooks, events, sets. She is a columnist in Modern Gardens magazine, where she shares styling tips and on-trend ideas, and is the author of eight best-selling Home and Garden books which have been published in over 8 different languages and sold Worldwide. Including Botanical Style, Garden Style and Winter Living. As well as an expert on interiors and home decor, she also compiles inspiration, craft, shopping and lifestyle features for magazines and companies; Country Living UK, Country Homes & Interiors, Marie Claire, and Red Magazine just to name a few. Selina is currently working on her 9th book for publishers, Ryland Peters & Small, which will be launched Spring 2019. http://selinalake.co.uk.
About Botanical Style
Simple and stylish, natural botanical interiors are a gentle mix of textures. Untreated woods, work in harmony with classic mid-century modern furniture in a clean and calm style with a nod to the effortless approach of Scandinavian interior design. Woven rattan baskets make perfect plant holders and soft furnishings are linen, cotton and worn leather. Fresh green plants give these neural spaces character and interest. The botanical colour palette is based with greys, off whites and putty with organic natural greens, woods and elements of deep charcoal and stone. Walk into a living room filled with houseplants and you’re bound to feel instantly more relaxed. Living plants boost oxygen, clean air and enhance any room they are in with fresh, organic style. Recently the trend for houseplants has been revived since they’re hay day in the 1970’s when they were the must have home accessory. It started with terrariums, those large glass domes in which plants could be displayed and has spread to us introducing succulents, air plants and even large tropical plants which only thrive indoors.