Having listened carefully to feedback from our valued customers, Sony is pleased to announce a firmware update to its industry-leading noise cancelling truly wireless WF-1000XM3 headphones. This new 2.0.2 firmware now includes improvements that allow:
- Amazon Alexa support
- Volume control via the headset
- Visible battery level of the charging case in the Sony | Headphones Connect app
The firmware is downloadable from the Headphones Connect app and is live on Sony.co.uk here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wf-1000xm3/downloads/00016432
The Headphones Connect app is available for free on Google Play or App Store.
- An android device (v5.0 or later) or an Android device (V5.0 or later) or an iOS device (iOS 11.0 or later*)
- NOTE: If you are using iOS 13.1, please update to iOS 13.2 or later and then perform the update.
- An active Internet connection
- The latest version of the "Sony | Headphones Connect (v6.0.0 or later)" application must be installed.
- The headphones must be connected to your Android or iOS device.
– Ends –
For more information, please visit https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-1000xm3
About Sony Corporation: Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services - Sony's purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/
Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Alexa is not available in all languages and countries/regions. Please check https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202207000