The new Sony Action Cam is set to capture some of the unbelievable action at this year’s Freeze Festival, coming on-board as the Official Action Camera Partner for the brand new rail jam competition.
A marriage made in the mountains, the Action Cam helps all users to discover their true sense of adventure with features such as its impressive 170° field of view, blur free full HD video, image stabilisation and two slo-mo modes - ideal to capture the all the drama as it unfolds on ‘Hail the Rail’.
The new main event for Freeze 2013 - Hail the Rail - will be the biggest and most exciting ski and snowboarding competition held at the snow festival to date with the world’s best skiers and snowboarders jetting in to battle for the £14,000 prize.
The top ten international snowboarders and skiers will compete against the best of our home grown talent in the Battle of Britain.
The recently announced Sony Action Cam HDR-AS30V will capture the tricks on the Rail Jam, showcasing its action sports features such as:
- Shoot smooth, blur-free Full HD video and still photos with Exmor R™ CMOS sensor and wide-angle lens with SteadyShot™
- Easy sharing via Wi-Fi with your smartphone plus NFC for One-touch remote
- 35% lighter and 25% smaller than its predecessor, making it incredibly portable
- Check shots and control ‘hands-off’ recording with optional wristwatch-style Live-View Remot
- Have post-fun shooting fun with PlayMemories Home app
- Read speed information recorded by GPS with MultiView, creating an exciting speedometer-style video overlayGrowing range of accessories for adrenaline-packed situations including the Chest Mount Harness and Universal Head Mount Kit
Frederik Lange, Category Head - Digital Imaging, Sony UK comments:
“Extreme action is what the Sony Action Cam is all about and this year’s Freeze Festival is set to take it to a new level with the new ‘Hail the Rail’ competition.
“Expect to be in awe of the unbelievable moves from the top skiers and snowboarders in the world, with the Sony Action Cam capturing the best tricks, spills and skills – and providing amazing playback so you can watch them time and time again.
“Sony has created a camera that can take on all conditions - so whether you are flying down a mountain, being rolled by a wave or about to undertake another incredible adventure sport, the Action Cam won’t miss a thing, providing the perfect full HD companion.”
Freeze Festival 2013 is set to snowball this year, taking to Clapham Common for the first time, creating an alpine wonderland with international snowboard and skiing action, live music, snowboard and ski premiers and interactive lectures from featured athletes. It will run from the 27th November – 1st December 2013, for more information visit www.freezefestival.com and for tickets visit www.seetickets.com.
The new Action Cam HDR-AS30V from Sony is available in UK from the end of September, priced at £260 from www.sony.co.uk.